What do we do when it feels like everything is caving in on you…and no one understands your feelings? We are emotional beings, we are created that way so we shouldn’t be afraid of things like grief and disappointment. Sometimes we are so hard on ourselves, that we don’t want to share our feelings even with the ones closest to ourselves.
I attempt to spend time with the Lord first thing in the morning. It’s like getting sweet manna from the Lord. I take my pen, bible and notebook with me to write down thoughts, scriptures that come to my mind, and what the Lord is saying to me.
Well, the other day while spending time with the Lord, I was getting scriptures on healing…”Well, Lord. I’m not sure why I need these right now…” was my thoughts as a quickly wrote them down. I didn’t know it at that time, but I was going to need those scriptures later.
Disappointment hit me hard a few days later. Oh boy, I didn’t even know what to pray. The Lord reminded me of everything He had told me before. I grabbed my notepad and read through my notes, the scriptures and things He had said previously. It gave me such peace. The Lord is always providing what we need, even before we ask for it. He knows our needs and supplies it as a good Father.
You know, when you are in such a mood that you can’t pray, or better yet, speak…it’s like you are in shock and awe? Yup, we all have gone there, and if you haven’t you will. Here are a few things you can do to help you navigate through this.
1) Rely on the Holy Spirit. Remember even when we don’t know what to pray, the Holy Spirit will pray for you. Isn’t that awesome? God sent the Holy Spirit to help us, He is our helper. It is ok to stay in His presence in quietness or speak to Him in your heavenly language.
And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. – Romans 8:26
2) Tell God how you feel. When you are angry, frustrated, upset, sad, whatever the emotion is, take it to God. I’ve heard some say, you can’t say certain things to the Lord…well, God knows your thoughts, so you might as well tell Him how you feel. Jesus has experienced everything we will experience, He understands. So let it all out!
…You understand my thoughts from afar. Even before there is a word on my tongue, Behold O’ Lord, You know it all. – Psalm 139:2
3) God is with you. Know that God is with you. Even when you feel alone, God is still with you.
I can never escape from your Spirit! I can never get away from your presence! – Psalms 139:7
4) Joy comes with the morning. You will not stay in this position. We go through trials to make us stronger.
… Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning. Psalms 30:5
5) Prepare your testimony. You will use this experience to help others. Get your testimony ready! People are ready to hear how God has taken you through this.
And they have defeated him by the blood of the Lamb and by their testimony. – Revelations 12:11
You are an overcomer and will overcome this with power. Stay strong in the Lord